2 lbs medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced shallots
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Grated zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp crushed red chile flakes
8 tablespoons (1 stick) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup unseasoned dried breadcrumbs
1 large egg yolk
1. Preheat that awesome oven to 350F.
2. (I hope you aren't dumb like me and forgot to ask for the peeled, deveined shrimp, but if you are...now is the time to get to work cleaning them.) In a large bowl, toss together the peeled shrimp, 2 tbsp of the oil, the white wine, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, use your hands to mix together the shallots, garlic, parsley, rosemary, lemon zest, lemon juice, chile flakes 1/2 tsp salt, a pinch of black pepper, the butter, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, and 2 tbsp of the oil.
4. Add the raining 2 tbsp oil to a large baking dish and lay the shrimp in an even layer on the bottom. (If some overlap slightly, don't worry.) Use a spoon to evenly spread the breadcrumb mixture over the top.
5. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.